After so many festivals in Liyue Harbor, it’s high time for a big party in Inazuma. And who better to organize the Magnificent Irodori Festival than the brand-new Genshin Impact 5-Star character Kamisato Ayato and ever-sassy Yae Miko? Hues of Violet Garden starts on April 7 and ends on April 25. During this event, many fan-favorite characters will cross the ocean (legally this time) to join the festivities. That means plenty of fun event quests and a lot of challenges. If you want to know more about the tasks at hand and how to get a free Xingqiu, here’s a full Hues of Violet Garden guide.
Hues of the Violet Garden Unlock Requirements
The Magnificent Irodori Festival takes place in Inazuma. As a result, you need to complete the Ritou Escape Plan Archon Quest before you can partake in the event. This is obtained shortly after arriving in Inazuma for the first time, and it will grant access to the full region. Only players with an Adventure Rank of at least 30 are able to do this quest.
Great news for players who haven’t done the full list of Inazuma Archon Quests and Story Quests yet: there aren’t any additional requirements for once. Unlike before, some of the Story Quests are recommended, rather than required, by miHoYo (because it makes more sense story-wise), but it’s up to you whether to complete these before or after Hues of the Violet Garden.
The recommended prerequisite quests are:
- Raiden Shogun Story Quest: Imperatrix Umbrosa Chapter: Act II – Transient Dreams
- Sanganomiya Kokomi Story Quest: Dracaena Somnolenta Chapter: Act I – Warriors’ Dreams Like Spring Grass Renewing
- Kamisato Ayato Story Quest: Cypressus Custos Chapter: Act I – The Firmiana Leaf Falls
Do you want to start the event without completing the recommended quests first? Then use the quick start option.
How to Get a Free Xingqiu & More Magnificent Irodori Festival Rewards
The best thing about the Magnificent Irodori Festival? You can get Hydro swordsman Xingqiu, one of the most popular 4-Star Genshin Impact characters, for free. Go to the Hues of the Violet Garden event menu, then click “By Special Invitation” to see a list of requirements. Here’s how to easily tick off every box:
- Complete the “parting”-themed poem: This is part of the first event challenge.
- Obtain a score of 1500 in Springtide Advent – Show of Force: The second event challenge. You need to defeat enough enemies in the corresponding Theater Mechanicus level to meet the requirement.
- Achieve victory in “Versus the Mightiest Warrior!” on Serious difficulty or higher: The third event challenge. Don’t worry; Serious difficulty is actually the lowest.
- Complete the fourth Floral Theme: The fourth and final event challenge.
Besides a free 4-Star character, Hues of the Violet Garden also awards the usual Primogems, Crown of Insight (a rare event item, be sure to get this), Hero’s Wit, Mystic Enhancement Ore, and Talent Level-Up Materials. Finally, you can obtain an event-exclusive Serenitea Pot decoration from the Flower Courtyard challenge.
How to Start Hues of the Violet Garden: Legend of the Kasen
Before unlocking the event challenges, there’s an introductory quest that needs to be completed: Legend of the Kasen. Here’s a quick walkthrough:
- Go to the Adventurer’s Guild in Inazuma City and speak to Katheryne.
- Go to the nearby Yae Publishing House.
- Fast travel to Ritou and meet up with Yae. Fast forward your in-game time to the next day, 06:00 in the morning.
- Go to the port on the west side of Ritou to await the Festival guests from Mondstadt. Then go to the Outlander Affairs Agency and the Warehouse, where you meet another familiar face.
- Speak to Venti alone, go through a few more rounds of dialogue, and the event challenges will be available in the Hues of the Violet Garden menu.
It’s up to you what to do next: either continue doing event quests (Legends of the Kasen) or start the first event challenge (Event Details).
Hues of the Violet Garden Challenge One – The Moon and Stars Inscribe
The first Hues of the Violet Garden event challenge is called The Moon and Stars Inscribe. It’s a picture challenge that’ll send you off into the wilds to make photos of certain items. The region and items are specified in the individual tasks.
It’s pretty straightforward, but beware: use the camera icon in the main menu instead of the Kamera Gadget, or the requested item won’t register. If you use the normal camera, you’re able to zoom in and aim first. When you see a circle form around the object (see picture), take the photo and you’re done.
Hues of the Violet Garden Challenge Two – Theater Mechanicus: Stage of Brilliance
If you’re a veteran Traveler, this probably isn’t your first time playing Theater Mechanicus. Although the gameplay is roughly the same, note that this version of the minigame limits the number of enemy waves. It also uses pre-built mechanisms, making the challenge a bit smaller compared to standalone Theater Mechanicus events.
If you’re new to Theater Mechanicus, here’s how it works:
- Theater Mechanicus is basically Genshin Impact’s version of a tower defense game. Enemies arrive through a portal, then follow a certain route towards another portal. Your job is to make sure they never reach it.
- It’s not possible to defeat the enemies by attacking as you normally would. Instead, you need to place mechanisms (little stone towers) to periodically attack the enemies. They’re bought and upgraded with Veneficus Points (gained by defeating enemies).
- Do not forget to upgrade your mechanisms. A strong mechanism in the right spot can do more than several weaker ones in less strategic locations.
- If you don’t like the prebuilt mechanisms, you can still dismantle or replace them.
- Use Fortune Sticks to upgrade mechanisms. For example, if you use many Pyro mechanisms, choose a Fortune Stick that increases their damage and detection range.
- Take note of your surroundings! If there’s an Adeptus Bridge on the map, wait until your enemies are on it and then deactivate it. A fatal plunge for them, and an easy victory for you.
Hues of the Violet Garden Challenge Three – Clash of Lone Blades
What would the Magnificent Irodori Festival be without a combat challenge? The Clash of Lone Blades fights are not your usual Genshin Impact skirmishes though. Instead of your Elemental Skill and Elemental Burst, you get the ability to parry incoming attacks.
Ideally, you should use this ability at the same moment your opponent initiates an attack. Doing so will result in a Perfect Parry. This cancels all incoming damage and grants you one stack of Valor if the incoming attack was a normal one. You will get three stacks of Valor if you manage to perform a Perfect Parry against a special Honed Technique.
- Valor guarantees that the next hit is a Critical Strike. As it deals far more damage, always go for this. The Critical Hit consumes all stacks of Valor.
- Each challenger has a different Honed Technique. Before starting a battle, click “View Honed Techniques” to learn what you’re up against.
- If the warrior initiates a Honed Technique, you will see a blue flash as a warning sign.
Hues of the Violet Garden Challenge Four – The Flower Courtyard
Enough with all the fighting, time to arrange flowers! As the fourth and final Hues of the Violet Garden event challenge, you need to complete floral arrangements based on hints. If you don’t manage to get it right, don’t worry. After the timer runs out, you will get a more detailed description.
To create a full floral theme, you first need to pick a base, then a floral scene, and then the flowers. Their placement is described in the brackets on the left side of the screen. Don’t forget to adjust their height as well (bottom right corner of the screen).
Are you enjoying the Magnificent Irodori Festival? What is your favorite challenge? Feel free to share your opinion in the comments.