Genshin Impact 3.0 has added another new Regisvine, folks. At this point, all Regisvine species must fear us, the Travelers who cull their kinfolk every week for material drops. To instill further fear in their hearts, here’s how to take down the latest variation, the Electro Regisvine.
The Electro Regisvine drops Thunderclap Fruitcores and while it’s currently unknown which future characters will need the material, players speculate that upcoming Sumeru characters Dori and Cyno will need it for Ascensions.
Electro Regisvine Location
To find the Electro Regisvine marker, you need to light up the topmost portion of Sumeru’s map. The main Archon quest doesn’t automatically take you there, so you have to intentionally travel to the area.
This giant plant’s residence isn’t so obvious. It’s marked on the map, but the Electro Regisvine is located underground in a cave. If you head for the marker on the map and travel aboveground, you won’t get to the arena.
In order to get to the cave, enter the bottom portion of Mawtiyima Forest. To the left of the Electro Regisvine map marker is where the cave’s entrance is located. There’s a Dendroculus hovering conveniently near the entrance, so grab it, and head down the tunnel. Go past the slimes, and you’ll see Electro Regisvine’s arena. To make returning easier, there’s a teleport waypoint at the back of the cave.
Electro Regisvine Boss Fight Strategies
The combat strategy is very similar to other Regisvines with a slight tweak. The basic plan for taking down Regisvines still applies: When the core forms (on the base or head), keep attacking until it’s destroyed. The Regisvine will then flop over in a stunned state, and you can unleash every elemental attack you have against it. With the Electro Regisvine, keep an eye out for the Stamens. Destroy them with elemental attacks immediately when they appear.
Two-Step Regimen for Killing the Electro Regisvine
- Attack Core
- Attack Special Electro Stamens: When Electro cores start to shift, a Stamen will appear. It comes in two types: Waxing Stamen and Waning Stamen. When both appear at the same time, they will attract each other, and upon contact, create a powerful electric attack. You want to avoid this, so make sure to get rid of Stamens when they appear.
Best Team for Farming Electro Regisvine
There’s only one hard rule: Don’t bring Electro characters. That aside, any Pyro, Cryo, Dendro, or Geo team with high elemental damage can easily take the Electro Regisvine down. I went with a Pyro-focused party consisting of Diluc, Bennett, Sucrose, and Dendro Traveler, and this team was able to kill the Regisvine during its first core formation.
Electro Regisvine Boss Drops
- Unique Boss Drops: Thunderclap Fruitcore
- Electro Ascension Materials: Vajrada Amethysts
- Artifact Sets: Gladiator’s Finale and Wanderer’s Troupe (with other fodder sets)
- Adventure Rank Experience
- Companionship Experience
Electro Regisvine Boss Attacks
These attacks are very similar to other Regisvines’ kits.
- Three-part Head Sweep Combo: The Electro Regisvine uses its head to swipe left, right, and then target you with a far-reaching head smash. Don’t stand directly in front of the Regisvine’s head or you will get hit. The tremors also deal damage so avoid those too.
- Three-part Laser Combo: This is a ranged attack where Electro Regisvine mimics the rhythm of head sweep combo, but with lasers.
- Electro AoE: The Regisvine spins around in a circle, casting an Electro AoE attack.
- Homing Shots: Electro Regisvine shoots Electro orbs at the player which home in on them.
- Half Sweep Attack: Electro Regisvine sweeps its head in half a circle.
- Electro Explosion: If the two stamens meet, an Electro AoE forms and deals a lot of damage. Fun fact: If you let this happen, you receive an Achievement called When Autumn and Dew Meet and five Primogems.