I keep writing 20HELL on all my checks, amirite???
Anyway, January’s end is upon us and your friendly neighborhood Fanbyte is looking back at the pieces we’re most proud of from the month.
Lists, they’re just so numerical and gosh darn easy to digest, you know? Here are some of our best eyeball-grabs of the month, for your chuckletime pleasure. My favorite? Jordan’s list about Leon Kennedy and Supernatural had me convinced that I’ve actually seen all 47,934 episodes of Supernatural.
- 5 Games You Can Play with a Headache
- The 5 Best New Games for Retro Platforms of 2018
- 5 Games That Might as Well Add Battle Royale Modes
- 5 Potential Conditions of the Bungie/Activision Divorce
- 5 Kingdom Hearts 3 Fan Theories That Just Might Be True
- 4 Ways Epic Could Spend $2.4 Billion of Fortnite Money
- The Coolest Games We Saw at PAX South 2019
- Every Leon S. Kennedy, Ranked by ‘Does He Look like He’s on “Supernatural” Right Now’
- 7 Minigames That Deserve Their Own Spin-Offs
- Top 3 Ways the Epic Games Store Is ‘Unfair to Steam Customers’
Our feature writers cover local events, cultists, frogs, Overwatch’s dodgy history with LGBTQ+ representation, and more. My favorite from this month? Probably our overserious dive into Lucio-Ohs using Andrew’s food science degree.
- The Inspiration Behind Far Cry 5’s Eden’s Gate: Parallels Ep 3
- The King of All Cosmos Sure Is an Asshole
- Here’s Where Every Kingdom Hearts Game Fits in the Series Timeline
- The Story of One YouTuber’s Quest to Play Every Single Sonic Game
- Women-Only Pinball Shows Another Side of Competitive Gaming
- Soldier: 76 Is Gay, but Overwatch Still Makes Fans Work for Queer Representation
- Is the Overwatch Cereal Any Good? An Unnecessary Scientific Analysis of Lucio-Ohs!
- The Deeper Meaning of ‘Fashion Souls’ in Dark Souls and Bloodborne
- KonMario: Applying Marie Kondo’s Lessons to Game Design
- How Rivals of Aether Works to Rival Smash Ultimate
- League of Legends Ignores Canon to Tell a Better Story
Only three reviews this month, but they were doozies in either direction! Surprise, Resident Evil 2 and Ace Combat 7 update their respective profiles to be excellent 2019 games while YIIK made me rage against a doof protagonist for 20 hours.
You might have noticed this month was a bit erratic (and as of this writing there are seven missing entries). Don’t despair! I’m just super behind! I’ll catch up to this this weekend and start fresh for February. My can’t-miss for January? It’s all about Kenny Omega’s awful Razer pants!
I have all of these games from the holidays, but I have no idea how to play them! What’s even a hitbox! Hit the A button? When? Too much to keep track of. My favorite pieces from this month involved Resident Evil 2, a game I’m so scared of I consistently unload 15-24 bullets into each zombie.
- How to Get Pristine Pelts & Perfect Kills – Red Dead Online Guide
- Destiny 2 Niobe Labs Guide: The Final Black Armory Forge
- Anthem Colossus Class Guide: Abilities, Grenades, Strengths
- Destiny 2 Exotic Catalyst Guide: How to Find and Unlock Exotic Catalysts
- Resident Evil 2 G Guide – How to Beat the First Boss
- How to Get an Island Code for Fortnite Creative Mode
- How to Catch and Farm Shiny Pokemon – Pokemon Go Guide
- All Safe and Locker Combinations in Resident Evil 2
- Destiny 2 The Last Word Guide: How to Complete ‘The Draw’
- Civilization 6: Rise & Fall Leaders Guide: Perks, Unique Units, & More
- Resident Evil 2 Combinations Guide – Green, Red, & Blue Herb Recipes